Audio Control Rialto 400
Compact, high power audiophile amplifier and DAC dramatically improves quality and performance of analog and digital audio-systems
Equipped like no other!
- High power amplifier delivers 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms
- Stable into 4 ohms (200 watts per channel) and bridgeable
- Multiple inputs for Digital and Analog sources with Input Priority switching
- Audiophile quality Wolfson Digital-To-Analog converters for maximum sound quality Ideal for interfacing with Sonos, and video displays with variable digital or analog outputs
- Enthusiasts can enjoy the sound quality of larger and/or more accurate speakers which require higher power levels
- Patent pending AccuBASSTM optimizes bass response from compressed music
- Subwoofer/pass through outputs provides system design flexibility
- 5-way binding post speaker outputs
The AudioControl Rialto 400, is a compact, high-powered amplifier with a built-in audiophile-grade DAC (digital to analog converter) designed specifically to provide greater performance and higher sound quality for all analog and digital systems, including Sonos® home entertainment systems. The Rialto 400’s amplifier delivers over 100 watts of power per channel into 8 ohms and 200 watts per channel into 4 ohm loads. Features a built-in high-performance Wolfson® DAC that drastically improves audio quality, digital and analog audio-systems can perform with better speakers across the home. This choice of an audiophile-quality DAC allows connected digital audio sources such as Apple TV, Pandora® and Spotify® to provide higher quality acoustics with clearer, more accurate analog signals during playback.
AudioControl’s unique patent-pending AccuBASS™ circuitry in the Rialto 400 rejuvenates the bass response lost in most digital compression schemes and brings it back to the signal path. This results in a richer and fuller audio performance with better bass and mid-bass response often missing in today’s compressed music. The Rialto 400 has an array of digital and analog inputs, including PCM to connect with digital audio outputs from televisions and a 12V trigger for use with control and automation systems. Toslink, coaxial, line level RCA, 1/8" audio and speaker level inputs for interfacing with source units without line level are included in the specification. This plethora of inputs eliminates the need for additional expensive outboard components thus making it the most flexible product of its kind. The Rialto 400 also features an integrated headphone jack to allow it to be used in other applications such as gaming systems or with personal audio products such as headphones.
Number of channels 2
(All Channels Driven)
100 Watts @ 8 Ohms
200 Watts @ 4 Ohms
Minimum Speaker Load 4 Ohms Digital Inputs Digital Audio - Optical and Coax Analog Inputs Stereo, Speaker Level and 1/8th Signal to Noise Ratio >95dB Total Harmonic Distortion 0.09%
Minimum Voltage to Drive
to Full Power
RCA Inputs - 230mVOLTS
Speaker Inputs - 2.0 Volts
Digital Audio Inputs
2 Channel PCM
Coax - SPDIF 75 OHM
Optical - TOSLINK
Signal Sense Trigger
RCA Inputs 10 mVOLTS
Speaker Inputs 100 mv
Digital - Bitstream
100-120 VAC/200-240 VAC
Typical Listening - 40 Watts
Maximum - 520 Watts
Bass Adjustment ACCUBASS TM Weight 4.5 Pounds Finish Options
Dimensions 8.5" w x 5.4" d x 2.9 h Country of Origin USA Limited Warranty 5 years Patent Pending
- AudioControl has filled a real need with the introduction of the Rialto 400 and now audiophiles now have a great high performance alternative to the existing Sonos products, which have been more focused on convenience and not necessarily on high-end audio quality. The integrated Wolfson® WM8761 DAC coupled with the high performance two-channel amplifier in the Rialto 400 make it a great addition not only to Sonos systems, but to many other installations where high quality audio is desired from digital and analog sources.
LA Audio File / Read Full Review
What I love about it is that it’s small, powerful and when connected to a digital music streamer like a Sonos Connect or Voco V-Zone, plus a hard drive full of music, and some nice speakers, you have a complete music system that hardly takes up any room.
Electronic House / Read Full Review